CaixaBank continues to base its actions on its 2015-18 Strategic Plan, “Prepared to lead the sector in trust and profitability”, as it seeks to consolidate its leadership in Spain and be recognised for its quality of service, social responsibility, financial robustness and capacity to innovate.
TWO YEARS OF THE STRATEGIC PLAN
The bank has made significant progress during the first two years of the Plan.
- Its quality and reputation indicators have performed very positively, and it has extended its leadership in banking, insurance and asset management.
- Since 2014, CaixaBank has focused on diversifying its revenue streams, whilst containing costs and reducing non-performing assets. It has maintained high solvency ratios and complied ahead of schedule with its objective to reduce the capital consumed by its holdings.
- CaixaBank has consolidated its leadership in the number of digital customers in Spain, and has made great progress in implementing big data and developing new functionality and innovations.
- It has continued to invest heavily in training its workforce, fostering a meritocratic culture and diversity, to ensure it has the best prepared and most dynamic team.
At the halfway point, significant progress has been made towards achieving the objectives of the Strategic Plan
An enhanced Plan
As planned from the outset, the Plan was reviewed at the end of 2016, having reached its halfway point. As a result, the bank is continuing to pursue its five key strategies, but has adjusted some of its objectives and lines of action, to reflect expected developments in their performance and the backdrop. This adjustment relates mainly to profitability against a backdrop of lower interest rates than initially anticipated and more prolonged deleveraging.
- CaixaBank remains committed to diversifying its revenue streams towards more profitable segments, based on its commercial strength and leadership in services that foster customer loyalty.
- It will continue to keep a tight grip on costs and to reduce non-performing assets, in a favourable environment of recovery in the economy and the real estate market.